Our annual Expo came together on January 10-11, 2017, at the CenturyLink Center and Hilton Hotel in Omaha. The move back to January from the last two years in December helped to boost attendance and the milder weather didn’t hurt either. Thank you to to many excellent vendors who make this event happen each year!
Congratulations to our award winners who were presented their plaques at the Reception on Monday, January 9, 2017. They are: Senator Deb Fischer, Government Official of the year; Brian Bresnahan of Bresnahan Consulting, Media Person of the year; Dr. Tamra Jackson-Ziems from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Education and Researcher of the year; STEP Award Winner, Mike Wollner with United Suppliers; Water Guardian of the year, Dan Walters (posthumously) with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln; and Robert L. Anderson Industry Person of the year, Rick Bowie, Bowie Fertilizer.
Congratulations also to our lucky raffle winners!
- Chuck Haugen, The Andersons – won the Eric Church concert tickets and overnight stay at the Hilton Omaha
- Jesse Sabatka, FEI/Dalton Ag – won the Samsung 55″ Smart 4K Ultra HD TV
- Koela Steffensmeier, Rural Radio Network – won the Blue Topaz & Diamond Pendant Necklace
- Dean Hartwig, Agricultural Services inc. – won the Browning BPS Pump Shotgun
- Terry Larson, Butler Ag – won the Dell Inspiron 15.6″ Laptop
- Brad Dillan, Lamar Fertilizer Company – won the Border View Lodge Summer Fishing Trip for 2
- Jared Anderson, Ag Agronomy – won the Super Sized Yeti Cooler donated by Valent USA
- Mark Kimball, Progressive Fertilizer & Propane – won the Husker Stained Glass Window donated by Frit Industries
- Todd Roland, Platte Valley Equipment – won $500 Cash
- Dan Lueders, Rosen’s – won $250 Cash
- Dean Hartwig, Agricultural Services – won $250 Cash